Last weekend I was stuck at home with a fever, antibiotics and the whooping cough... Yep, I managed to catch the whooping cough. I'm completely run down and I have little energy for anything. Last week I completely lost taste and smell, it is a very odd and unpleasant experience. So when it came back to normal on the weekend, I was very excited and decided to bake with the little book and baking tins I got for Christmas. And nothing is better than a pear and chocolate combo. So here we go for a very easy clafoutis recipe.
- 3 pears
- 150g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 yolks
- 50g cornflour
- 125g sugar
- 50g butter
- 40cl milk
- Heat the oven on 180º.
- Melt the chocolate broken into pieces into the milk for 3 minutes on low heat. Stir constantly.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and the extra yolks with the sugar until it turns a bit foamy. Add the cornflour and the chocolate milk, whisking constantly.
- Peel the pears and cut them in little squares.
- Butter the 6 individuals tins, pour the mix equally, divide the pear cubes between them. Sprinkle little bits of butter on top.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes. It needs to stay soft.