03/11/2013

Design obsession




Ercol is probably my favourite chair and sofa designer. It was love at first sight when I first saw the dinning chairs of the last picture in a vintage shop in East London. Unfortunately my budget of the time was too tight for a £150 chair - so was my flat for an extra piece of furniture. I've been on the lookout for some cheaper ones - a copy or someone who just want to get rid of them - and I must say that the more I research the more I also like the butterfly chair. The sofas are such a pleasure for the eye but I have serious doubts about the comfortable side of it, still I can quite picture one in our future living room. This is anyway the furniture filling my fantasy home. We've been living in furnished, half-furnished places, at someone else's house, so we don't really own any furniture yet, I'm hoping to be able to carefully curate piece by piece.

1 comment: