08/08/2013

Things I've learnt - Indoors










Pictured - I have learnt to put a wooden floor down with a under layer. Which involves cutting, fitting, measuring, hand sawing and clipping. For a full day. Obviously I can't take all the credit, we were three on it.

Not pictured - I have learnt that shaving the bottom of a door to be able to close it after fitting the aforementioned wooden floor is the hardest thing I have ever done. We tried sawing it, shaving it, grating it off. Four of us were taking turns, it took hours spread and two days.

Not pictured - I have learnt that sawing a plank of agglomerate wood to the size required is the second hardest thing I have ever done. Mostly because I find it extremely boring and after sawing our wooden floor to fit, I had enough.

Pictured - I have learnt that I can go to the DIY shop and get exactly the colour of paint I want. Thanks to a computer, a big machine and a white base of paint. Minty green, always minty green.

Pictured - I have learnt that we can build a record unit shelf, based on Tom's idea and design.

Not pictured - I have learnt it is hard to build something when you've never built anything in your life and you don't have the tools or the logical brain required.

2 comments: