13/11/2012

Sewing








I have used a sewing machine for the first time and made this little fabric bag. I doubled the flowery fabric and put a thicker white one in the middle to make it a bit stronger and sewed them all together. It's not very straight, it's not very symmetrical, it's not really finished (lazy me didn't put the button to close it yet), but for a first attempt it's not too bad I guess. What I have learnt out of it: I should make a pattern first rather than cut free hand and I should do it during a sunny day and not on a rainy evening when I can barely see anything in the flat.

Using the basic setting of the machine was fairly straight forward, so now it's just practice... I quite fancy making pillow cases next - I recon it's not too elaborate... - out of vintage or flowery fabric. Might keep me busy over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment