14/06/2012

Blueberry Crumble

I want to start by apologising for the poor quality of the pictures. We live in a dark flat and I cooked in the late afternoon which means blurry pictures with no flash or awful pictures with flash (my old digital camera is really not great). I'll stop here with the excuses, the photos might not be great but the recipe is. Easy and delicious.


Ingredients:
  • 120g of plain floor
  • 135g of brown sugar
  • 160g of chilled unsalted butter
  • 2 boxes of blueberries (or 3 if they are small.)


Recipe:
  • In a large bowl, place the flour and add the butter cut in smaller pieces. Work with your fingers to obtain a bread crumb like type of mixture.


  • It should roughly look like that. Don't work it too much otherwise it'll become smooth.


  • Stir the brown sugar in.



  • Back to the fruits. Rinse and drain them. I added a few raspberries I had as I had too few blueberries. Sprinkle two table spoons of sugar.


  • Cover with the crumble mix and put in the oven on 180°C for 40 minutes until it's brown on the top. Keep an eye on it, it went a bit faster in our oven.


  • Leave to cool down.



  • Serve still warm with vanilla ice cream.

It easy, quick (apart from the oven cooking but then you don't do much), tasty and delicious. I found the recipe on What Katie Ate and changed a thing or two, well basically less sugar. I recommend it for inspiration.

On another note, we are going away to the south coast for the Rockabilly Rave. Hopefully I'll soon be back with loads of pictures of stylish people and bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment