06/10/2013

Raspberry and apple loaf




This was Tom's birthday cake. His birthday is in August... My brain has been too busy and numbed by stress in the past weeks to even post a cake recipe. But this one was worth the wait, it is simple but oh so good. I found the recipe in The Primrose Bakery Book and it's normally apples and blueberries, I've tried it as well and it's just as good. I'm pretty sure any kind of berries would work wonders.

Ingredients:
  • 2 slightly beaten eggs  (happy hen free range)
  • 225g of flour
  • 175g of sugar
  • 125g of diced room temperature butter
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 2 sliced apples
  • 125g of raspberries (frozen or fresh)
  • 2 tablespoons of apricot jam

Recipe:
  • Preheat oven to 150°C and grease a loaf tin.
  • Mix the flour, butter and salt with the tip of your fingers to obtain a breadcrumb like dough.
  • Add the eggs and sugar to the dough until it's smooth. The dough is quite thick, you can do it all in a food processor if you prefer.
  • Pour half of the dough in the tin, cover with half of the apples and half of the raspberries.
  • Cover with the rest of the dough, arrange the rest of the apples and raspberries on top.
  • Bake in the oven for an hour.
  • When it's cooked, warm up the apricot jam and spread it on the loaf.
Enjoy! And now you can also Pin directly by hovering the pictures if you fancy!


4 comments:

  1. I just went apple picking last week and have a ton of apples to use up, looks like I found a new recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely cake! Let me know how it goes. I've seen your apple picking pictures on your blog, we are crawling under them here. I've made compote (you can find the recipe in the cooking section) and another cake, I'll soon put the recipe up, keep an eye for it!

      Delete
  2. I would need a big BIG slice of apple loaf right now...

    ReplyDelete