07/02/2013

Song of the day #3

Reg Presley from the Troggs passed away a few days ago, on the 4th of February. My first memories of the Troggs is fairly recent as I didn't know them back in France. A few weeks after moving in our first flat in London in January 2010 with my sister and a flatmate (an absolute nightmare) I went record shopping - with no money and no record player - and saw I Can't Control Myself 7". I didn't know what it was at the time but the title immediately made me think of The Horrors song with the same title and since it was a 60's garage band, I thought I would just give it a try. As I said I didn't have a record player at the time so when I got home I listened to the song on youtube and immediately love it. Since then I found quite a few of their records.

The Troggs - I Can't Control Myself




No comments:

Post a Comment