10/12/2012

Traditions

our Christmas decorations are reflecting on the ceiling with the sun.







Tom is going to France with me for Christmas. It's our first Christmas together and we don't do things the same way. In his family they wrap the presents in advance and put them under the tree all together, they don't do anything on the 24th and celebrate Christmas on the 25th afternoon. In my family, we have a big dinner on the 24th and stay up late. Before going to bed we put our shoes next to the tree and put each person's gifts next to their shoe and we open them on the 25th in the morning. After all these years, I still love putting my gifts first and go to bed so I discover what I get only on the 25th. I'm such a big kid when it comes to Christmas, I just love it.

So since Tom is coming in my family and will have to do things my way, we did a little mix and wrapped all the gifts for our families under our tree! So like that he doesn't see his gifts and I don't see all of mines and the tree looks so nice. I really like it this way actually. But I don't want to see my gifts. Simply because I'm too curious and I will end up touching and shaking them! There is just a little one waiting for me, I know it's a little cute thing inside - as Tom told me - and it's just killing me to know what it is. I don't know if you can see on the dark phone picture but there is a M with umlaut above it. So cute.

And you, how do you celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment