28/11/2012

Redscale

Memphis, TN

Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN

Chattanooga, TN

Chattanooga, TN

Chattanooga, TN

Brooklyn Bridge, NYC

Flatiron Building, NYC

I wanted to experiment a bit more with lomography and my Diana camera and the redscale film always intrigued me. The only problem with this film is that it's only a 100 ISO - I usually use a 800 ISO and it still needs a lot of light. I asked for advice and they confirm my fears, it is definitely a summer, sunny day film. Then we booked our trip to Tennessee and I thought it would be the perfect time to experiment.

I was very anxious when I went to pick my prints up. And at first I was a bit shocked and disappointed, I didn't expect it to be quite that red. The contrast is very strong and if something was in a shadow, it's just black and you can see any details on the picture so some were a let down. Some were actually good, well I liked them anyway, but I think I choose the wrong time to experiment that film, I didn't want experimental pictures of my honeymoon, I wanted memories. But all in all, I still have all the canon pictures as memories and interesting, different, pictures with the lomo. And let's face it, I'm never going to be able to use that film in London...!

No comments:

Post a Comment