31/10/2012

Pumpkin seeds







Last year, I tried to roast some pumpkin seeds on the heat of the moment without following a recipe. It was an epic fail, the seeds were soft and hard to open. I was a bit defeated and left it to that. This year I stumbled upon a recipe and thought I would give it a try. What convince me was when she said that she use to fail and that with the recipe it was great. And I'm happy to say that we can't stop eating them either.

Ingredients:
  • Raw pumpkin seeds
  • Olive oil
  • Salt
Recipe:
  • Clean the seeds until they are clear of any pumpkin guts. It's long and sticky but necessary.
  • Put the seeds in a pan with water and a tablespoon of salt. Heat until it boils, then reduce to medium-low heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
  • Drain the seeds and lightly dry them with kitchen roll or a clean tea towel.
  • Spreed them on an oven tray and drizzle with olive oil. You don't need much at all, otherwise the seeds might get a bit soggy. Massage the oil into the seeds and drizzle with salt.
  • Put in the oven on 160C for 10 minutes.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment